Sunday, 6 March 2016

Dragonball Z 'Dragonballs' jelly shots


Extremely simple to make, cool to look at, and they taste good! The shots pictured were a proto-type as I had never made vodka jelly before, and there was no orange jelly available that day (so I had to settle for red). However I did make a proper batch with orange jelly soon after and they turned out perfect! :)

You will need:
• one pack of orange-flavoured/coloured jelly/jello
• one naggin (200ml) of vodka
• shot glasses (to keep it more in tie with the DBZ saga, seven glasses are recommended)
• edible stars - for this I used Jane Asher's edible white chocolate stars
• water
• Optional: coconut oil or any sort of cooking oil - this is to stop the jelly from sticking to the glasses

Step One: Prepare the jelly as directed on the packaging.
Step Two: When the jelly has dissolved, pour the directed remaining amount of water mixed with vodka into the jelly syrup (for me, it was a total of 570ml, but different jellys may have different directions)
Step Three: Line the shot glasses with oil - simply dipping your finger in oil and rubbing it along the inside of the glass will do!
Step Four: HALF-FILL the shot glasses with the jelly syrup - the rest of the jelly will be added later. Allow the jelly in the shot glasses to cool and set in the fridge for around 2-3 hours, but keep the extra jelly away from cold so it wont set quickly.
Step Five: Add the stars! I added them ranging in numbers from one to seven as in the series.
Step Six: Pour in the remaining jelly until the shot glasses are filled, then place them back in the fridge to set - around another two hours.

And voila - Dragonball vodka shots!

If anyone else out there tries this out - please send me your photos as I'd love to see them!


No comments:

Post a Comment